Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day 1 of personal deer study

Yesterday afternoon was my first day to gather data from a personal "study" I am conducting on deer feeding patterns in relation to moon phases. I am gathering information based on moon age, moon phase, and projected deer feeding times. Deer feeding times also includes a 1-4 major that highlight the best feeding times. 1 being the lowest and 4 being the highest. I am using visual confirmation and a digital trail camera to gather results.

Day 1 11/5/2008
1/2 Moon Moon Age - 6.9
Location 34 degrees North/88 degrees West ( Marietta, MS )
Feeding times w/ majors:
5:20 a.m. 3 majors
11:35 a.m. 2 majors
5:45 p.m. 3 majors

I had a visual confirmation of '2' does feeding around 5:15 p.m. I will gather pics from the trail camera later in the week to confirm these and other feeding times and compare them to the projected feeding times.

No comments: